Free Diagnostic Exam
Tutor Doctor provides FREE diagnostic exams to determine which test would best be appropriate for your student’s success. Getting into college is competitive, therefore, we want to make sure your student is taking the test that best maximizes their potential to do well, score high, and get into the college of his or her dreams.
Tutoring for the ACT and SAT® Exams
- 97% of Tutor Doctor students increase their ACT & SAT® exam scores
- Even small score increases can result in major scholarship awards. Many of our students have earned up to $40,000 per year in academic scholarships.
- 99% of college scholarships are based on academics and test scores, meaning that a student’s ACT or SAT® exam score is worth a small fortune
- Tutor Doctor Test Prep is presented in manageable pieces for ultimate success
About Our Tutoring Program
Tutoring in ACT preparation and SAT® exam preparation will give your student that extra leverage to score higher on the test. With increased competition to get into the best colleges and universities across the nation, private one-on-one tutoring in test preparation is the best way to achieve the scores you need to get into the college or university of your choice.
Our team of experienced tutors offer personalized, one-on-one tutoring for students of all skill levels and ages, who are preparing for their ACT or SAT® exams.
We have only the best, most qualified tutors to help you or your student exceed his or her goals when it comes to the ACT and SAT® exams. We know what it takes, what to expect on the exam, and how to get the best results.
How It Works
- First, we present the very best ACT/SAT® exam taking strategies followed by a review and remediation of the academic skills required for success.
- Students then complete a series of subject specific skill builders which reinforces their confidence level as they internalize the information.
- Finally, students complete multiple full length practice exams, putting all the pieces together.
ACT vs. SAT® Examination
|ACT Exam||SAT® Exam|
|Test Type||Achievement Test||Content and Reasoning Test|
|Sections||English, Math, Reading, Science, Writing (optional)||Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, Math, (optional) Essay.|
|Score Choice||Yes, however schools may request all scores.||Yes, however schools may request all scores.|
|Calculator||Yes, math only||Yes, math only. Some math sections must be completed without a calculator.|
|Scoring||No loss for incorrect answers.||No loss for incorrect answers.|
|Vocabulary||Minimal vocabulary questions (English section has a few vocabulary questions and reading section includes “words” in context).||Students will be asked to interpret the meaning of words based on the context of the passage.|
|Features||Completing reading section can be difficult. Questions are more straight- forward. No formulas provided.||Will contain passages from America’s founding documents. Real World scenario/ Problem Solving approach to math. Questions based in science, history, and social studies contexts.|
|Accepted Where?||where? All universities and colleges routinely accept ACT for admission.||All universities and colleges routinely accept SAT® exam results for admission.|
SAT® is a trademark registered by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse this product or Tutor Doctor.
SET UP A FREE IN-HOME CONSULTATION (226) 799-6234